- Shea butter is extracted from the kernels, which contain 50% solid fat.
- Exceptionally rich unsaponifiable matter (kariten, terpene alcohol and tocopherols)
- Highly rich in oleic acid and stearic acid. Stearic acid gives TrueShea™ its texture and its melting characteristics. Oleic acid is an excellent emollient. This butter moisturizes the skin and hair, making them softer and more supple.
- Exceptional levels of unsaponifiable compounds (tocopherols, phytosterols, triterpens, karitens, etc.)
- Protects the skin from free radicals and oxidation and encourages epidermal regeneration and skin elasticity.
- Shea butter is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and is suitable for sensitive or weakened skin.
- Reduces the transepidermal water loss by forming a protective film; the skin is deeply moisturized and protected from external aggressions
- TrueShea™ Shea butter is Responsibly sourced.
|INCI Names||Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter|
|Chemical Composition||Glycerol triester and fatty acids|
|Solubility||Soluble in Acetone, Hexane; Insoluble in Water|
|Acid value, PE 2.5.1||< 0.5 mg KOH/g|
|Iodine value, PE 2.5.5||52 – 68|
|Unsaponifiable matter, PE 2.5.7||> 4.0 %|
|Water content, PE 2.5.32||< 0.10 %|
|Melting point, AOCS Cc3b-92||34 – 44 °C|
|Peroxide value, PE 2.5.5||< 3.0 meq.O2/Kg|
|Myristic acid, PE 2.4.22||< 1.0 %|
|Palmitic acid, PE 2.4.22||3.0 – 8.0 %|
- OLVEA has been a member of the Global Shea Alliance (GSA) and its sustainability program, which aims to promote the sustainability and competitiveness of the Shea industry worldwide, improve the livelihoods and empowerment of rural women, and finally, strive for the protection of biodiversity. Learn more about the supply chain here.